One-man blackened doom metal assault, TOTAL NEGATION, will unleash third full-length, Zeitzeuge, this June via Sweden-based Temple Of Torturous Records.
The follow-up to the 2013-issued Zur Späten Stunde | Zeiträume, which The Liar Of Filth fittingly dubbed a, “dark and challenging, yet ultimately very rewarding listening,” Zeitzeuge maintains the cold, eerie elements of its predecessor. The integration of instruments like the melodica and the vibraphone still intact, on Zeitzeuge master craftsman Wiedergaenger allows for more breathing room and breadth in his compositions. Still cold, depressive and atmospherically corrosive, Wiedergaenger manages to merge primal black metal, doom and Krautrock elements into a sound that’s at once lush, confounding, and apocalyptic. Cold, dire, twisted, diseased and bedecked in Wiedergaenger’s intense German storytelling, Zeitzeuge relays the story of a contemporary witness, who breaks under the pressure of controlling the life and death of others.
released June 16, 2015
• Most unique combination among black metal, doom metal vs. Krautrock
• Exclusive artwork contribution from Benjamin A. Vierling (Aosoth, Nightbringer, Fyrnask, etc)
• Video premiere on Decible magazine: decibelmagazine.com/blog/2015/5/11/negative-approach-total-negations-kronzeuge-video
• “…if you’re always on the lookout for the strangest, most obscure output black metal has to offer, there’s no way around Total Negation.” – Cvlt Nation
• For fans of Nyktalgia & Essenz vs. Oranssi Pazuzu & Tulus